Skip to main content

The Best Banana Bread Recipe...

Ok it's a big call... 'The Best'... but seriously I've tried ALOT of Banana Bread (especially through those pregnant days!).  This little beauty is moist (not oily), full of favour and if your lucky to have any left the next day, tastes even better. 

I was lucky to get the photo you see above before it was three quarters gone and all but two chocolate melts left (by the way the chocolate is optional, I just put them on top for the kids). It's a pretty no fuss and quick recipe, a great option for an afternoon snack.

BANANA BREAD RECIPE

Ingredients 

3 mashed ripe bananas 
1 cup plain flour
1 egg
1/4 cup coconut oil (liquid-state)
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
pinch of salt

Method 

Preheat oven to 160 degrees (fan-forced)

Prepare a loaf pan, with baking paper and set aside.

(I used my kitchenAid mixer, but a bowl and wooden spoon is perfect) 

1. In a large bowl, add the egg, sugars, coconut oil, sour cream, vanilla and mix to combine.

2. Add the mashed bananas, then stir to combine.

3. Add to the cup of flour the baking powder, bicarbonate soda, salt. Then add gradually to the banana mixture. Mix until just combined (don't over do it).

4. Place mixture into prepared pan. (Optional - You can add chocolate chips or melts to the top now).

5. Place in the oven for 40-50mins, until golden brown on top and a knife inserted comes out clean, no batter but maybe a few crumbs. 

6. Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes. Then turn out to either cool completely or eat straight away while still warm.


Recent posts you may have missed 

If you have enjoyed this little post, please share a comment below I would love to hear from you, or jump over to my Facebook page or Instagram.

Comments

  1. Oh yum I haven't tried one with sour cream so will have to give it a try thanks so much for linking it up to YWF I'm always making banana bread so love seeing knew ways to make it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki your missing out :) the sour cream added is awesome, just means it's not at all dry. Hope you try it. Thanks for hosting the link-up.xx

      Delete
  2. Cakes with sour cream are divine! I do have a bit of a phobia of bananas which I am working through. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they! oh really maybe try this one out, could help get you over the phobia :) xx

      Delete
  3. It is a big call.
    This one will be interesting to test out on me, you see Banana Bread is my arch nemesis.
    Seriously, as stupid and as easy as this bread is to make, for reasons unknown to me, I fuck it up.
    I can make all kinds of dishes but Banana Bread for some reason comes out terrible, EVERYTIME.

    If it's a packet mix I'm fine, but from scratch. it flops... don't ask I can't seem to understand it either. lol

    PS loving the chocolate addition on top too ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Thanks for linking up to Your Weekly Feed hun. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big call I know! but I'm sticking to it. Haha I'll let you in on a secret.. the other day I made this again and I fucked up....forgot to add the coconut oil (whoops) BUT turns out don't really need it. The sour cream helps keep it from going dry.

      I've got your back, give this recipe a go... promise it won't flop :)xx

      Delete
  4. Yumm Bec! I have to pin this for later - I am looking for that perfect banana bread. It's so hard to find and I like yours as it's not full of sugar :) Found your recipe via Your Weekly Feed via Boiled Eggs & Soldiers See you next linkup x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely! yeh low in sugar, so it's a great arvo tea for kids (they have no idea :)haha)

      Delete
  5. I have to fight the tornadoes to get a slice of banana bread - it's a firm favourite in our house! This looks delicious. The addition of chocolate drops on top will make it even harder to get a decent slice :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am seeing chocolate and banana bread weddings all over the interwebs and I like it very much!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks and sounds delicious. Thank you so much for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fun With Pom Poms // Lets Make A Cactus...

Seriously! How much fun are pom-poms? It doesn't matter if you're five or eighty two it's something you can make and once you've mastered the basic pom-pom you'll be able to knock this bad boy up in no time.

You're going to need a few things...
One medium sized green pom-pomOne small sized pink pom-pomOne medium sized brown pom-pomScissors Glue (I highly recommend using a hot glue gun, much easier and less messy).Cardboard egg container (to use one cup section as the cacti's little pot). Some Paint (I used gold spray paint).


Firstly cut and trim one egg cup section from the carton. Paint your egg cup container 'Pot' and leave it to dry. It should be dry by the time you have finished cutting your cactus into shape.

Make your three different pom-poms in the colours and sizes needed. (Make sure you leave the tied pom-pom strings through the centre of the pom-poms long, you'll need these to tie your pink and green pom-poms together). 

The trickiest part …

The Handmade Series // How To Knit A Blanket With Greta's Handcraft...

Hi Everyone,
Welcome back to 'The Handmade Series' this is part two. If you missed part one you can read up here (Part One - What's In The Basket...). This month you will find below a brief description on just how to knit a blanket with my guest Vivienne @gretashandcraft. Enjoy and thanks for visiting this blog. xo Bec

Summer is now behind us, and to me that is exciting as it means lots of NEW Winter stock arriving with beautiful NEW colours to create lovely NEW warm knitted wooly projects!!!
With the cold Winter months on their way, there is nothing so special as cuddling into a warm knitted woolly blanket!! Now don't shudder & say "but it's such a big project", lol, as I am going to tell you how to break it down into a really manageable & fun project!


1. Decide on Size - I find for your first throw, don't go too big, do a cot size, or a nice Knee Throw to snuggle on the lounge.
2. Colours - look around your house, childs room, see what colours ar…

The Handmade Series // How To Crochet A Blanket....

Hi Everyone, 
This little series has become so enjoyable, thank you for joining us again. Or first time here? not to worry you can review past editions below...

The Handmade Series // A Morning With A Candle Maker
The Handmade Series // How To Knit A Blanket
The Handmade Series // Greta's Handcraft What's In The Basket
This months edition Vivienne from Greta's Handcraft is back to give you a brief run down on how to crochet a blanket. Hope you enjoy, if you have any questions please leave a comment below. xxBec



Winter Is Coming, so exciting!!!! This is my time of the year, to be able to make a beautiful piece of Winter Warmth to wrap yourself or loved ones in, brilliant!! I am so pleased to join you again, & many thanks for you kind words & enthusiasm over my last edition How To Knit A Blanket.
In this post, I am going to share with you How To Crochet a Blanket! This great blanket I made for Miss Alba (precious Girl) a couple of seasons ago. My plan was for a healthy dose…