Can you believe how big the number FIVE is?
This week my little lady will finally be FIVE! This is a massive age for her. She has been longing to be here since clicking over to four. I hadn't given it much hoo-har but the closer FIVE came around, the more I realised that FIVE is a massive age - FIVE days at school next year, it's the beginning of 12 years of school (for most), it's full on kid-stage, no daytime play-mate at home for Axel, no conversations about 'why', to fill my day with anymore (well until Axel's a little older), ... FIVE is BIG!
So to kick off such a year, Alba's party theme of choice is a 'Disco Party'. This got me thinking of lots of fabulous little crafty ideas. Mostly the party favors (or call them 'Lolly Bags').
So here's what I came up with...
Let me show you how to create this fancy "Mirror Ball - Disco Party Favor" that your guests would just love as a small Thank you.
You will need:
Mini Mirror Ball
Hot glue gun
Small mason jar
Ribbon (cut to approx. 30cm in length)
Metallic Silver Sharpe Pen
Chalkboard sticker label
(Most of these products were available at Kmart. The mini mirror balls were from a local store)
1. Remove the central hanger and cord from mirror ball. It's not to tricky, just gently twist and then pull it out.
2. Remove straw and rubber seal from lid of the mason jar. At this stage it is best to fill your jar with your desired filling eg Lollies. Screw the lid back on the jar.
3. Place paper doily upside down on your clean work space.
4. Place jar on top of the doily, lid down. Then carefully pull up the edges of the doily around the lid.
5. Secure the doily to the lid by tying your piece of ribbon around the outside edge of the lid and jar. (see photos for example). You should end up with a frill effect below the ribbon when finished.
6. Gently press your finger tip over the central hole on the lid where the straw came out of. This will give you a dent to use as a focus point when placing the mirror ball on top.
7. Now you are ready to glue the mirror ball to the jar top. Using the hot glue gun, place a decent size amount of glue to the spot on the mirror ball where you removed the hanger. Then quickly place it to the dent on the centre of the lid. Hold for 30 seconds, then set aside until glue has dried.
8. While glue is drying, write your message on the chalkboard label with sharpe pen. eg: Thank you
9. Once both the writing and the glue have dried, place the label on the jar.
10. All Finished - one 'Disco' themed party favor that will dazzle your guests!
Recent posts you may have missed