Skip to main content

Christmas Traditions To Have With The Kids...

Now that I have kids of my own they have really made me enjoy Christmas time just that little bit more. 

My Alba is four years old and this Christmas season has been the best by far when it comes to 'The Magic' of Christmas. I mean last year was good, but she was still just that bit too little to really get into everything. This year we will be at home for Christmas morning too and with Alba really getting into the spirit of the season it made me think that I should start thinking more about starting some Christmas traditions for the kids (and us adults).  

So if you have kids, and they are sitting next to you reading this I would stop them now....

WARNING BELOW IS NOT FOR CHILDREN TO READ! 

Ok now we are alone.....

Here are my Christmas Traditions that I will be doing from this year on.

Send A Letter To Santa - Alba sent off her letter, complete with a beautiful illustration and in-depth instructions as to just which bike she would love under the Christmas Tree. We posted her Santa Mail to a wonderful little store called Little Paper Lane. I must say just how impressed she was (me too) when she received a reply letter from the big man himself. A beautifully written personal note that answered everything she had spoken about in her letter. 








Take A Christmas Photo - Ok so I am yet to do this one. I love the good old 'Santa's Lap Photos' don't get me wrong, but I just don't want the same thing EVERY year. So, I've been trying to think creatively and this year I will be taking some photos down at the beach. I just want something simple, a photo of the kids in little Christmas outfits, or some kind of Christmas theme with them playing in the sand. Stay tuned to Instagram or facebook for this one :)

Make A Christmas Eve Box -  I've just finished putting together a box for the kids to open the night before Christmas. Last year I gave them both a new pair of Pj's and a Christmas story. But this year I added a little more to it. The box includes....
* Hot Chocolate
* New PJ's
* Christmas Story Books
* A Mug
* Marshmallows  
* Christmas tins complete with a Big Cookie
* Pancake mix - for breakfast on Christmas morning
You can really add anything you like. I just choose these items because, apart from the pj's, I collected most of the contents  when I did my weekly food shop.
   


More things to do Christmas Eve....

Make A Christmas Card - I thought it might be nice for Alba to write/draw a special little thank you card for Santa, to leave out with the milk & cookies. 
Or, to make a card for a special someone in the family to give to them on Christmas morning. I know you could do this earlier in the month but doing it Christmas Eve will keep her entertained, busy and hopefully help tire her out so she goes to bed before midnight!

Watch A Christmas Movie - But just before you all sit down to watch, why not take a quick family photo under the Christmas Tree, in Pj's with the Christmas lights on, and the lounge room still clean before the big day arrives and there is paper EVERYWHERE.....

Make Santa Footprints - We are lucky enough this year to have our own fireplace, so I am so excited to create some Santa footprints once I get the kids in bed. I did the same thing when the Easter Bunny came. If you don't have a fireplace just do some at the front door, up the stairs, hallway, whatever fits with the way you've explained how Santa will leave his gifts. It's so much fun to see their little excited faces in the morning. Check out my boards on Pinterest for some pins of how to create these footprints in your house. 

Have you got any traditions that I could add to my list?

With Christmas here in only a few more sleeps, I want to wish everyone following my blog a MERRY CHRISTMAS and I hope you have a fun, happy, safe holiday with your loved ones. 

xxBec

 If you have enjoyed this little post, please share a comment below I would love to hear from you. Or jump over to my Facebook page or Instagram

Comments

  1. SO MUCH gorgeousness and I didnt realise that was your photo Jayde shared. Jayde and Steve are beautiful people and that letter brought the biggest smile to my boys too. Merry Christmas hun to you and yours xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was 'tickled pink' (as my Gma says) that Jayde reposted that pic :) Jayde & Steve did such a Fantastic job. xx

      Delete
  2. Such lovely ideas Bec! I am definitely going to do the Make A Christmas Card with Miss TT this year and will do the Send A Letter To Santa next year. For this Christmas we have a special key to leave out for Santa. We don't have a chimney so this key will ensure that Santa can get into our house to leave presents. There's also the usual glass of milk, a slice of Christmas cake and some carrots for the reindeer. When I was little we used to leave Santa beer. We don't want Santa drink driving so it's just milk nowadays...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha we did the beer thing to when I was a kid. Love your special key idea. All so much fun :)

      Delete
  3. I love you Christmas eve box idea. We do a basket of 24 Days of christmas, where we wrap thins relating to the christmas activities we are doing each day. I have noticed this year though, that the days when we are going somewhere so I don't physical have some thing to wrap and just write it in a card, do not get as much excitement. So I will need to think harder next year and maybe wrap a clue instead. I have only got envelopes left this year... So I will be using doe of your idea and wrapping a Christmas eve box. we have already discussed, they they want to MAKE Santa a biscuit! So maybe I will wrap hot chocolate and biscuit making ingredients.
    That Christmas note from Santa, blew me away. How magical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hun! Your 24 days of christmas basket sounds like a awesome idea. I need to be more organised next year and do something like that. Cool if you do a Christmas Eve box send me a pic on Facie would love to see :) xx

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fun With Pom Poms // Lets Make A Cactus...

Seriously! How much fun are pom-poms? It doesn't matter if you're five or eighty two it's something you can make and once you've mastered the basic pom-pom you'll be able to knock this bad boy up in no time.

You're going to need a few things...
One medium sized green pom-pomOne small sized pink pom-pomOne medium sized brown pom-pomScissors Glue (I highly recommend using a hot glue gun, much easier and less messy).Cardboard egg container (to use one cup section as the cacti's little pot). Some Paint (I used gold spray paint).


Firstly cut and trim one egg cup section from the carton. Paint your egg cup container 'Pot' and leave it to dry. It should be dry by the time you have finished cutting your cactus into shape.

Make your three different pom-poms in the colours and sizes needed. (Make sure you leave the tied pom-pom strings through the centre of the pom-poms long, you'll need these to tie your pink and green pom-poms together). 

The trickiest part …

The Handmade Series // How To Knit A Blanket With Greta's Handcraft...

Hi Everyone,
Welcome back to 'The Handmade Series' this is part two. If you missed part one you can read up here (Part One - What's In The Basket...). This month you will find below a brief description on just how to knit a blanket with my guest Vivienne @gretashandcraft. Enjoy and thanks for visiting this blog. xo Bec

Summer is now behind us, and to me that is exciting as it means lots of NEW Winter stock arriving with beautiful NEW colours to create lovely NEW warm knitted wooly projects!!!
With the cold Winter months on their way, there is nothing so special as cuddling into a warm knitted woolly blanket!! Now don't shudder & say "but it's such a big project", lol, as I am going to tell you how to break it down into a really manageable & fun project!


1. Decide on Size - I find for your first throw, don't go too big, do a cot size, or a nice Knee Throw to snuggle on the lounge.
2. Colours - look around your house, childs room, see what colours ar…

The Handmade Series // How To Crochet A Blanket....

Hi Everyone, 
This little series has become so enjoyable, thank you for joining us again. Or first time here? not to worry you can review past editions below...

The Handmade Series // A Morning With A Candle Maker
The Handmade Series // How To Knit A Blanket
The Handmade Series // Greta's Handcraft What's In The Basket
This months edition Vivienne from Greta's Handcraft is back to give you a brief run down on how to crochet a blanket. Hope you enjoy, if you have any questions please leave a comment below. xxBec



Winter Is Coming, so exciting!!!! This is my time of the year, to be able to make a beautiful piece of Winter Warmth to wrap yourself or loved ones in, brilliant!! I am so pleased to join you again, & many thanks for you kind words & enthusiasm over my last edition How To Knit A Blanket.
In this post, I am going to share with you How To Crochet a Blanket! This great blanket I made for Miss Alba (precious Girl) a couple of seasons ago. My plan was for a healthy dose…